Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Fun and pictures of Baby Boy...and it's only noon!


Ok, this picture was from yesterday, but I thought I would share.  Gavin doesn't have school on Thursdays so his clothes were not laid out the night before.  This is what he picked out to wear to take his sisters to school in!  The orange pants are fleece lined too.  It was 98 degrees here yesterday.  I did make him put a shirt on, but he still chose to wear the tie.  Then he proceeded to ask me for a snack every 2 minutes from 8:30 until 11:15.  I am not kidding.  He had 2 bowls of cereal, 1 banana, 1 yogurt, 1 cereal bar, 3 kid size bowls of dry cheerios...all before 11:00 a.m.  He sure does keep me on my toes!  

 I decided to set a couple of goals for myself this school year.  I shared some with you...some I didn't.  One of my goals is to do something special for the teachers every Friday of the school year.  Let's face it, teachers are with our kids more during the day than we are.  We have teacher appreciation week...but I wanted to make them feel appreciated for more than 1 week!  So I had this grand idea to make today "Fast Food Friday."
 I made everything....the french fry holders, the food holders, the burgers, and the fries.  The cookies are made out of vanilla wafers, mint cookies, and icing.  I actually did a demonstration speech on how to make these when I was in college.  I got and A, of course!  So, I couldn't just give them burgers, so why not make fries?  The fries are made out of sugar cookie dough.  I won't lie...they were messy to make and they took a bit longer than I had wanted.
 How can you not love the end product, though?  The kids helped hand them out to all the teachers.  Some ate them right away...some wanted to save them.  I didn't tell them that I am going to do something for them every Friday....I just will.  Maybe they will catch on, maybe they won't.  I hope they don't expect something this fancy every Friday, though.  Next week it could be a bag of candy!


After we delivered our fast food, Dan came with me and Lanie to my ultrasound appointment.  We walked into the hospital with just Lanie.  I can't tell you what a weird feeling that is...to only have one.  It was quiet, it was easy, it felt a little empty.  I was glad we didn't have all the kids with us, but we still missed them.  And do not fear....I have to go for an ultrasound every Friday starting next month....the kids have off of school 3 or 4 Fridays in a row.....I know on those Fridays I will have to look back and remember that I missed them today!

Here are some pictures of .........baby boy.  I almost typed his name...but I still am waiting for the official "yes" from Dan.  Oh, and we won't tell you anyways!
                                                    Here is a profile view of baby #7!
 This one is kinda scary, but here is a shot of his face from straight one...and a hand making a fist,  I think!
                                                This shot is of his hands up over his head!
 Okay, this might be hard to see, but this is a 4-D shot of him!  You can see his face a little bit.  His eyes are closed and you can see his nose.  I about cried when I saw this!  What a precious miracle he is already!
 Here is another shot with his hands over his head.  Can you see his eyes and nose?  You can see his fingers!
Then he got sick of us and put his hand straight across his face.  He was done.  He wanted to to sleep and stop being poked at.  He wanted to practice his breathing and work on growing.

I am measuring 2 week ahead.  He weighs 1 pound 12 ounces.  I am so in love already!  Kinda made me think about having #8.  Don't tell Dan!  Oh, that reminds me.  I met a mom yesterday that just had her 8th baby.  Two of her girls are on our kids soccer teams.  It was nice to talk to her.  It was nice to compare lives with her.  Her oldest is 15, though.  My oldest is 8.  I met another Mom at the pool this summer that had 6.  Again, very nice and normal.  We don't have to ask each other "how do you do it" or "are you done yet?"  We kinda just know!

1 comment:

  1. So what makes the pictures 4-D? Am I supposed to slather myself in ultrasound gel and punch myself with baby fists?

    ReplyDelete