Friday, September 9, 2011

It's Finally Friday, Hey! Hey!

Where did the week go?  Sometimes I feel like I am in a tornado.  I am going to grace you with a few highlights from my week.  

1. My friend, Erin, took Gavin and Kenadie after preschool on Wednesday....until 6:30 at night!  Lanie took a 5 hour nap that day!  Yes, 5 hours.....do you think someone might need some quiet time once in a while?  

2. I got to go out to breakfast with Amy and Erin this week....yummy!

3.  My Cricut broke....then I let it sit for a few days and it must have fixed itself!

4.  Gavin told me yesterday I was his "best Mom in his whole life."  (I am sure today that will change when I tell him he can't have a snack!)

5. I got a lot of medical dictation done this week.....put in a lot of hours!

6.  I started Christmas shopping.  I am going to be ahead of the game this year....I need to be!

7.  Baby boy has been moving around lots!  I LOVE to feel him move.  (we still haven't settled on a name...or I should say I haven't gotten to "official" okay yet!)

8.  I FINALLY was able to get a thank you out to the CEO of Hanna Andersson...which included some pictures of the kids!  

9.  I am loving that we decided to not enroll each of our kids in a different activity this fall.  We are spending more time together as a family!

10.  I stopped at a random garage sale today and picked up some awesome stuff at a cheap price!

Okay....and now some low points....

1. Lanie has between 4 and 6 teeth all trying to poke through at one time.  She is miserable.  You can see them all....just bulging in her gums...waiting to come through :(

2. Our 2 dumb cats keep peeing in our canvas laundry baskets with dirty clothes in....I do not need this in my life....the cats HAVE got to go..... :(

3.  I can't get my bed made every day...I don't even try anymore....way too many other more important things to be doing...but I wish I would do it :(

4.  Dan wants to go on a date....he wants me to plan it....can you say "romantic?"  I'll get right on that! (one day he will surprise me and plan something on his own....one day!)

5.  I haven't been the best at preparing meals this week...when I put a lot of work hours in..the house and home kinda goes to shambles.  

6.  I HATE stepping on cat litter....the cats need to go!

7.  I wasn't able to do devotions last night with the kids....I was at a meeting.

8.  The cats are putting holes in our screens....need I say more?

Okay, that is enough negativity now.  

Onto our Teacher Treat Friday!  I have this awesome idea for the teachers....I wanted to do it this week, but I just didn't have the time.  So, last minute (as in yesterday morning) I decided to make them Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  I cut out a "thank you" strawberry card on my Cricut and wrote " thank you "berry" much!" on the inside.  I made 16 plates to hand out.  I had no extras.  There are just way too many people to thank.  For some reason, they didn't turn out as nicely as I had hoped.  My chocolate wasn't melting right.  

 I wrapped them up and took them to school.  The girls really enjoy being able to hand them to their teachers.  Molly asked my why I was doing this for them.  I was able to explain to the kids that it is important in life to tell people that we are thankful for them.  Something so small can make someone feel so good!


I hope you have had a good week!  We have a marathon day of soccer tomorrow!  4 soccer games in a row!  I am sure there will be lots of pictures to post!  Look for another give away next week...it's that time again!

No comments:

Post a Comment