Saturday, September 10, 2011

Confession....

I have a confession.  One that I am not proud of.  One that I wish I didn't feel the need to tell you.  Okay, are you ready?  I hope you don't look at me differently.....I hope you don't think I am a bad person...or a bad wife....or a bad mom.  Ready?  Okay this is taking a lot for me here!~

I...haven't....cleaned...our shower......in like........6 months!  

Phew, I said it.  

I bought some new Magic Eraser bathroom cleaner pad well over 2 months ago.  They have sat in our bathroom even since.  They have been calling my name.  "susan....use us....clean your shower with us....we will make it so easy for you...."

I broke down yesterday and did it!  I had high hopes of getting the whole upstairs cleaned.  I started with the shower and that is where I stopped as well.  

It was bad...It was really bad.  I threw away empty bottles, at least 5 razors, and perhaps a few old rubber bands.  Have you disowned me yet?  Do you never want to speak to me again? 

It didn't take that long.  The Mr. Clean magic erasers for the bathroom really work great!  With just one wipe, the scum and dirt was gone.  Seriously...and they are not even paying me to say this!  (but if they want too....awesome!)  

After I cleaned the shower Lanie crawled in and wanted to play.  Then Gavin came in.  They sat and played in the shower and I cleaned the rest of the bathroom.  



It looks so clean.  It look so sparkly.  Yeah for me.  Hopefully it won't be another 6 months.  I should be In the nesting phase soon so that should help!

Please don't judge me.  I don't have a cleaning lady.  I don't have a husband that cleans.  My kids help me some....but they don't get it "Mommy clean" as we call it here.  I wish we could afford for someone to clean our bathrooms and wipe up our floors once a week or even once a month.

How often do you clean your shower?  How often do you wipe up your floors?  Are your houses oh so sparkly?  If they are....please don't come over to my house.  I try....I really do.....it is a constant cycle with 6 kids.    Good news is...they don't care if it is clean or not...so I have started to not care!  Is that bad?

4 comments:

  1. Ok, if we are doing confessions... I do have a husband that cleans, I was home all summer, and I only have two children... and mines been longer than six months. Damn you for having six children and having a cleaner bathroom than me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's about every 6 months that the shower gets cleaned. The toilets get done about once-twice a week and I wipe up the floor when I do the toilets. But, that shower is a forgotten little room of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Not appreciating the child nudity.
    2. When are you not in the nesting phase.
    3. 5 razors? Are your kids that hairy?
    4. It is about time you clean something, because we all know you never cleaned the house growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt seriously cracks me up every time with his comments. 1-3 I am laughing out loud!

    ReplyDelete