Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros and Cons.....

I know you all have been checking your updates daily to see what is going on in our lives.  So, I have a few free minutes to fill you in, Pro vs. Con style!

Pro...the week has gone by really fast
Con...Dan has been in California since Tuesday
Pro...The kids have been really good
Con...Lanie did nothing but cry yesterday...I even took her back to the dr. to see if she still had an ear infection ( I had to pull the kids out of soccer practice yesterday cause she was so sad:(  )
Con... I had a thirty-one party booked for yesterday, but they cancelled it.
Pro.... my thirty-one party was cancelled for last night....good thing....Lanie needed me!
Pro....baby boy has been moving around a ton!  I LOVE feeling him moving around...even at 4 in the morning!
Con...I follow a blog daily of another mom....she just had a baby on Tuesday....she named her baby boy the exact same name we have picked out!
Pro...everyone that comments on her blog likes the name!
Pro...I remembered Gavin's snack all week for preschool!
Pro....I get to pick up Dan from the airport tonight!
Con....I get to pick him up at 1:00 in the morning!
Pro....I learned from a friend how to make something really cool yesterday!
Con...Now I am wanting to create and make things instead of do what I really should be doing!
Pro....Lanie slept until 5 a.m.
Con....Lanie's diaper exploded and now there are little pee gels all over my living room couch and floor.  (if you have ever had a diaper explode..you know what I am talking about!)
Con....I did a load of laundry yesterday and a pair of blue jeans "ran" and now the entire load of laundry turned blue...including some really cute Gymboree sets :(
Pro....I got a hand written letter from the CEO and president of Hanna Andersson in the mail yesterday....with a $100 gift card to use towards the kids Christmas dresses!
Pro...I have now entered into the 3rd trimester with baby boy!
Con.....Baby boy will be here in less than 3 months and we have no idea on what to do for a car for us all.
Pro...I have 6 beautiful healthy children.
Pro...I am having a 7th baby...I simply can't wait to cuddle and hold him...I think I may never put him down!
Pro....Molly and Sadie were so helpful last night and put everyone to bed while I had to tend to Lanie who was miserable
Con....I didn't get to say devotions or prayers with them
Pro....I almost have all our Christmas shopping done.
Con...the house needs a really good cleaning
Pro...I have a job that I can do at home that I am very thankful for.
Con....I hate that I have to work and be a Mom....very overwhelming at times...especially when the kids ask me how much longer I have to work.
Pro...The receptionist lady at the Dr. office yesterday asked me if I had any help....I told her no....she offered to help me or baby sit for me if I ever needed it.....what a sweet lady!
Pro....Lanie has left me alone for 15 minutes now....no crying and no crawling to find me...she may actually be playing with some toys!
Pro...the kids have a half day of school today.
Con...the kids have a half day of school today!

Ok...I must try to get something done (like clean up the pee gels all over my house) while the others are at school.  Overall, considering I have been single parenting for the week, things have gone rather smoothly.  I hate to say it...but without Dan here to interrupt our schedule, we have actually been more on top of things than when he is here.  But, we totally need him here to mess with us all!  That is what makes us "work"  and that is what makes our house a home and our family, fun!  In less than 16 hours we will have our daddy back and I will have my husband back.

No comments:

Post a Comment