Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BEWARE: IF YOU ARE DAN...DO NOT READ THIS (Until after you get home!)




Okay, I think we are all set.  I have seriously worked all morning to make sure Dan has a great 30th birthday.  Sad thing is...I won't be here to celebrate with him :(  

 The cake has been made.  Daddy's favorite...chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.  Gavin put the frosting on all by himself.
 Then Gavin "accidentally" got frosting on his fingers and on his arm and on his hands...so he had to lick it all off!
 Gavin helped me make a "30" on the cake with 30 candles.  He "calls" taking the candles off and licking them!
 We bought balloons, plates, and cups.  We also made a special stop and got Daddy 2-24 packs of Mountain Dew.  Daddy loves his soda!  ( okay, not the healthiest...but he likes it...!)
 I made chili for tonight for the kids and Dan.  The bowls are set out...the pot is all ready for the noodles to be boiled.  The spoons are in the bowls.


The fruit is all cut up and ready for dinner.  Watermelon and pineapple.  




Kenadie and one of her teachers, (Mrs. Bachler who we all love and adore) made a birthday banner for Dan today at preschool.  Kens was so excited and we found the perfect place to hang it!




A double batch of peanut butter balls have been made and are ready for Dan to eat.  I hate to say it...and I don't give myself a lot of credit at all....but I do make a mean peanut butter ball if I do say so!

I tried to have everything all set and ready for him so he doesn't have to do a lot tonight.  I found a ride for Molly for her soccer practice so he doesn't have to take all the kids out.  I have a thirty-one party to do tonight.  This was the only night the hostess could do it and I did clear it with Dan before hand.  I knew he wouldn't care.  But, as the day has gone on, I am really sad that I won't be here.  I am getting out of the house with no kids, but I am going to be so lonely knowing they are at home celebrating without me.  I know the kids will make him feel special.  Plus I bought them each a can a silly string so that should make Dan happy!  We are going to have a very quick, and by quick I mean like 15 minutes, that we can spend together before I have to drive to Grafton for my party.  We are going to have the fastest 30th birthday party ever!  Pictures to come, I am sure!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing I like better than looking at pictures of so many chocolate balls!!!!

    ReplyDelete