Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things are Lookin' Up!

The first day of school was awesome!  Everyone LOVED their teachers and everyone was excited to go back again today!  You can't ask for much more.  It was a good day!

When the kids came home from school they got busy doing their after school duties so they could play.  Soccer practices have started as well so we are back into doing practices 2-3  times a week.  Molly is on a 3 & 4 grade team this year and Abbie and Sadie on our a team together for 1 and 2 grade.  Kenadie is even going to play this year on a pre k-4 team.  The girls have an awesome coach that works them hard and teaches them tons.  They have practice 2 times a week for 1 1/2 hours each practice.  It's a long practice, but it is great exercise for them.  I know it doesn't seem like exercise to them, but they love playing and it is good for them too!

Ok, anyways, the kids asked if they could play outside after school.  It was drizzling just a little and they wanted to play in the rain.  Without really paying attention, I told them they could and off they went.  Then I saw this.....  
 I didn't mind that the girls kept on their school clothes....but come on Gavin!  Boxer briefs and nothing else?  I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this.  Only Gavin can pull this look off!


How can you not laugh when you see this?  He makes my heart smile!  
 As I was taking pictures of Gavin in his boxer briefs...Lanie escaped.  She crawled right out the patio door onto the deck.  I LOVE this picture of her reaching up to Sadie.  Lanie LOVES  her siblings.  She doesn't know any different than getting attention from someone at all times.  This is why I LOVE having a big family.  It warms my heart to see the kids interact with her.  Lanie missed the older girls when they were at school yesterday.
 She just wanted to be with them.  She could hear them playing outside so she crawled to the door and stood herself up.  Then she started yelling for them.  Then when no one came, she started to cry.  Of course, Sadie ran right over to talk to her.  I can't tell you how much Lanie looks up to them.
 Then this ran by.  Sorry for the fuzzy picture, but I was taking through the screen.  I didn't want to open the door and have Lanie escape again.  I asked Gavin to smile....and this is what I got.  
 I love him to pieces.  I am ready and happy to take on the challenge of another little boy!  If this little boy in my tummy grows up to be anything like his big brother....I am going to be doing a lot of laughing!
 Gavin got to go to school today.  This morning was a good morning.  Everyone woke up and did what they needed to do.  I even took a shower!  No yelling, no crying, no complaining, and happy hearts all around!  We even left a little early!
 Gavin was so happy to be going back to school!  He was a little concerned that Kenadie wouldn't be in his class with him...but he was just fine.  He walked in, put his backpack away, put his name tag away, and went to play.  I will admit....I am a little sad this morning.  I am at home...with Lanie sleeping.  I miss Gavin asking me for a snack every 2 minutes.....I miss him wanting to give me a kiss.
 Here they all are as we headed into school.  I know people feel that when I dress the kids the same they don't have their own style or personality.  When it comes to school...they are on their own.  They can pick out their own outfits and do their hair how they want.  ( I do have to approve that it matches, though!)
Molly and Sadie were so cute today.  They each picked out their outfits together.  Then they put on their big sister/little sister necklaces.  I am so glad they are best sister friends.  I am glad they each have someone to talk to at night.  I am so glad they read together.  Molly has been reading a devotion book to Sadie at night.

Things are better here.  Things are MUCH better here!  Even though we had a rough week, we have moved on.  My kids make me extremely proud.  They make me smile.   They make me want to be a better mom.  So I am trying.  I am going to try and volunteer more at their school this year.  I am starting a Mom's Bible study at their school!  I am doing a devotion with them every night.  I know it's not  a big change...but it's something!  The laundry can wait....the cleaning can wait....

I am happy....I am very happy!  I am even going to lunch today with a great friend....with only 3 kids!  Hopefully when I pick Gavin up from school today, he won't just be in his boxer briefs!

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy how similar our little three are. Micah and Gavin would have a BLAST together and Lanie and Hannah would enjoy crawling around together and Naomi and Kenadie could talk about going to pre-school all day! Wish we lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete