Thursday, September 8, 2011

Highlights of a Great Week!

I haven't forgotten about you all!  I have just been crazy busy!  I haven't blogged in almost a week.  Let me catch you up!  (cause I know you have all dying to know what is going on in our lives! HA!)

We had a great Labor Day weekend.  Saturday I was actually able to get out of the house by 9:30 a.m. and head to Brookfield for the day.  I went with some great friends to Brookfield Square and then out to lunch at the Olive Garden!  With NO kids!  Just us 3 moms.  Talking...and shopping!  Then we battled our way through Sam's Club.  Suggestion:  Don't go to Sam's on  a Saturday afternoon.  Total Chaos!  

Saturday night , Dan and I rented the Lincoln Lawyer.  If you know me...you know I only like romantic comedies.  I am not a fan of action suspense.  Lincoln Lawyer is total action suspense.  Yup...I had nightmares Saturday night.  I am going to stick to my romantic comedies!  

Sunday morning we headed to church.  My sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and niece met us there.  Church is always easier with a few extra sets of hands.  After church we headed back to our house to spend the day with family!  


 Here is a sneaky shot of my friend, Erin.  She stopped over with a very sweet surprise for us!  When I was at Gymboree with her on Saturday I found an outfit for the baby that I really liked.  It wasn't on that good of a sale, so I didn't get it.  Erin had gotten it for me and dropped it off!  Thanks Erin!  He will look adorable in it....!
 Don't mind Lanie's crazy hair.  She had just woken up from a nap and she pulls her pony tail holders out!  Here is my sister, Dawn, and Lanie.  Lanie is warming up to more people every day!
 Here is Uncle Hugh.... or my brother-in-law!  They were giving me a hard time as usual...so now they get their picture on my blog.  Hugh came out to watch the baseball game that was taking place.
 Gavin and his best buddy, Christian, were playing baseball together.  Gavin calls my nephew, Christchy.  Anyways, Christian is a very good baseball player so he was giving Gavin some pointers.  Gavin was being, well, Gavin.  When Christian didn't aim the ball just right at Gavin....Gavin would yell at Christian and tell him it was all his fault that he missed the ball.  Again....Gavin is NEVER at fault here!
 Auntie Dawn took Lanie over to the swings and pushed her.  Lanie LOVES to swing.  Lanie doesn't always get the chance to swing.  Can you tell from her big smile how much she loves to have the attention?
 I think she could swing all day.  This brings back memories of when Sadie was a baby.  My brother and sister-in-law bought us this swing set when Sadie was just a baby and Molly was a little over a year.  I can remember pushing them in this same swing.  Ok...change subject before tears come!
 And then there is my awesome brother, Brian.  He drove ALL the way from Mequon to spend the day with us.  As soon as he got here, the girls left.  My sister and sister-in-law and I headed to Johnson Creek to spend some time together.  I think Brian felt left out.  This is what the guys do when they are over.  They sit and goof off on the couch while the ladies shop or make them food.  Dan called to inform me while we were shopping that the men were getting hungry.  Of course, we left right away and headed home to take care of them and prepare them their dinner!  They are so lucky to have us!  We love having them all over and wish they would drive ALL the way out by us more often!  The kids play so nicely together and it is great to spend time with them all!

Monday, Labor Day, we stayed at home.  I worked all day and the kids played outside the whole day.  It was a nice day.  Dan even got some "game" time in too!  We had no where to be....no one to clean for....and just a great day to relax!
The kids each made a home outside...here is Molly and Gavin's home.  It took them the whole day to set up their towns....and then they had to clean them up!

Soccer is in full swing and we have gotten used to the school routine.  We have even been making it to school super early!  (And I am even getting a shower in EVERY morning!)  I am trying to learn how to balance working, 6 kids, the house hold duties, meals, volunteering, sports, being a wife, and taking time for myself as well-not an easy thing to do....but I am trying and having fun while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment