Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Back to School Pool Night! You can run, but you can't hide!

   So I forgot to tell you all about the craziest thing I have seen here in Watertown.  This happened right before I became the worst Mom ever and took my kids to Riverfest.  We live in a somewhat newer subdivision.  They just built a new house right next to us.  There has been a port-a-potty by that house for what seems like FOREVER.  Let me tell you, there isn't a shortage of people that use it.  Seriously, have you ever stopped and just used a port-a-potty on the side of the road by a new house?  My computer where I do my medical dictation from is in the front room of our house.  Our road is pretty quiet so when a car drives by or stops, I usually see who they are or what they are doing.  Well, I thought I had seen every port-a-potty user in town...until Friday night.  (let me just say the mail lady uses it, the port-a-potty cleaner guy uses it, the neighbors use it, the UPS guy uses it, the Fed Ex guy uses it, people going for a walk use it....and I am sure I haven't seen every user!) Ok so anyways, I was in my front room doing some work and the kids were outside playing.  Sadie was making some fort in the wagon and some of the kids were drawing chalk and some were running around being crazy.  So a car drives by....I stop to watch it as it stopped at the new house next door.  I am thinking that maybe they are coming to look at the new house.  A larger man steps out of the car dressed in jersey knit gray shorts and a white tee-shirt.  He walks towards the port-a-potty.  He walks past the door and walks around to the back of the port-a-potty.  I have now stepped outside onto the front porch...he proceeds to "relieve" himself in quite a unique way that I won't describe on here.  The "best" part?  He is yelling at his wife who was in the car the entire time he was "relieving " himself.  Ok, so now all the kids have stopped what they are doing and are staring at this circus unfolding right before our eyes.  He proceeds to yell at his wife telling her that he has seen her just "squat" and do the same thing so she should shut up and on and on.  I stood there with my jaw to the ground.  I wanted to yell, I wanted to scream....but I didn't want to cause any problems.  He finished his "business", still yelling at his wife and got in his car and drove away.  I could hear them yelling as they drove off.  Then they circled the neighborhood again.  If they would have stopped again and his wife would have showed off her "squatting" skills, I probably would have called 911!  I mean, come on now.  I didn't know whether to laugh or scream.    

Ok, enough about that.  So, tonight was "back to school night" for our kids.  They attend a private Christian school and the school rented out the aquatic center for 1 1/2 hours for just the school.  They had an awesome turn out.  The teachers came and some even got in the pool and so did some of the brave mom's!  I wasn't brave.  I didn't go in.  I am not cool.  


 Kenadie was very excited to go...however, swimming so late made it a little bit cooler than normal!
 Kenadie's friend, Ryanna, said her fingers were "crunchy" so she had to get out and take a break too!
 The paparazzi showed up at the pool and certain Mom's tried avoiding them.  You can't run from the Paparazzi, they will hunt you down at anytime and anywhere!
 When the kids got too cold, they headed over to the sand to play for  a bit.  Then they take their sandy bodies and go back into the pool!
Lanie got cold real fast.  She had fun playing with Daddy for a while, but then her lips turned blue and she started shaking.  Too bad her mommy didn't have a dry towel to put around her.  

 No one wanted to do this.  I had to search far and wide to find all the kids.  I may have bribed them with an ice cream treat.  I think I said, " the quicker you cooperate, the quicker this will be over."  How can you blog if you don't take pictures, right?
 Kids were everywhere doing their own thing.  Reuniting with friends from school.  Moms and Dads chit chatted and new families were welcomed.  What a great way to start off the school year!
 Some Dads turned themselves into little balls and rolled around in the water.  (not paying attention to any of their children that clearly needed him!)
                                            Lips turned blue from being so cold....
                                                 Moms tried to avoid getting wet.....
                             Dad's splashed their very precious little girls who were freezing cold....
Little boys named Gavin yelled at his Mommy because he was cold, and because his shoes were sandy, and because another dad picked him up and got him wet, and because I didn't bring him a change of clothes, and because the biting bugs were out and sucking his blood...

And little girls, who were freezing cold, were changed into dry clothes to try and warm up.  

I don't know about you all, but I know a mom that is ready for school to start again.  Only 14 days or 2 weeks until the first day.  Not that I am counting down the days or anything.  I will have 5 in school this year.  The 3 older ones go all day. Kens goes every day from 8-11:15 and Gavin goes MWF from 8-11:15.  I tried to get the preschool teachers to change Gavin's class to 5 days a week, but for some reason, they wouldn't do it.  Hmmm I wonder why?  Lanie will be so sad to not have her sister and brother here all the time.  She will have her mommy all to herself....for a few months that is!  



No comments:

Post a Comment