Monday, August 15, 2011

Our circus takes on the Circus!


Sometimes the unexpected is the most fun!  

The kids had earned a free coupon to go to a Historical Museum through the reading program.  We were going to do Old World Wisconsin, but on a suggestion from a friend, we tried to Circus World Museum in Baraboo.  It took us about an hour to get there and the drive was really pretty!  I want to go back in fall when the leaves are all changing!  Dan has no interest in driving back there to look at trees.  
We got to the museum and dove right into lots of fun!  

 There is an actual circus big top show!  How awesome.  We got our seats and a few snacks and we were all set!
 The first act was a set of very funny dogs.  They did some cute tricks and there was a naughty puppy that did everything he wasn't supposed to do!  The kids enjoyed watching the puppies!
 The dogs even pushed each other on a swing.  Very cute!
 Lanie LOVES animals and watched the entire hour long circus without a peep.  She even clapped when everyone else did.
 Yes, that is a dog pulling a cart filled with dogs and a monkey is driving the dog.  Very funny!

 What circus is complete without a hula hoop lady?  Very entertaining and amazing!
 A funny clown squeezed himself through a chair and did some other really fun things that the kids enjoyed!  (I don't want to ruin the entire circus just in case you decided to go! )

 Lady dancer was there with her 2 horses.  My kids love horses so they were very impressed by this act.


 This trapeze lady was amazing.  She didn't have a lot of space to work in and came very close to the bars many times.  She had no net.
 She even spun around by a rope around her neck...again, no net.  Very scary to watch.
                                                            Huge snake...need I say more?
 This guy was from Russia or someplace.  Very entertaining.  I am talking a very awesome circus here people.
 An elephant act was the last act in the circus.  It consisted of 2 girls, a little boy, and an older boy.  I think their grandpa was there too.  Can  you imagine having the circus be your life so young?


 After the circus ended we were able to meet the performers.  They were all very impressed with us thought that we belonged in the circus.


 We let the kids go on an elephant ride.  I mean seriously, we didn't know what to expect from this place.  I just can't say enough good things about it! They even let Lanie ride!  Okay, though, looking back...probably not a smart idea.  What if she would have fallen off?  Good thing my anxiety didn't kick in at that time.  I was too concerned with getting a good picture!


 Sadie's favorite animal is and elephant.  For $1 she could feed the elephant.  So, of course, we let her!  She was beside herself.
 The kids were able to be in a kids interactive circus.  Gavin and Molly got to be part of the horse act.  Gavin didn't get picked..he was the only one that didn't get picked out of our kids.  Our sweet Molly ran out from behind the show when she realized Gavin didn't get picked and offered her spot to him.  How sweet!  She was able to be in the show too!  Made my heart smile!
 Abbie, Kenadie, and Sadie were picked to be elephants.  They did elephant tricks and walked an elephant line!
 I am so happy that the kids got to be a part of the show!  I am so happy that they all wanted to do it!  I love the fact that sometimes they don't care and think doing stuff like that is cool!  It won't last much longer I am thinking for the older ones!
 Close the door and take them on the circus train!

I honestly can't say enough good things.  We did so much more there as well.  We ate lunch and toured the museum.  We didn't make it to the carousel or the circus train building.  One bad thing was that the bees were really bad.  Gavin got stung, but thankfully I had ice along!  We were there for 5 1/2 hours and could missed some things.  There was a magic show that we missed because we were eating lunch.  I guess we weren't expecting to have as much as we did.  The kids were tired, but do you think they fell asleep?  No way!  I would say that this is one of the highlights of our summer.  Who knows...maybe one day we will all be in the circus!  As for now, I will just keep living my circus every day!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have an endless supply of money to dress all of your kids the same? I have never seen your kids in the same outfit twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um these were their Easter Dresses. From Children's Place that I got an awesome deal on. I don't have an endless supply of money...I am just a really awesome shopper. Just like you are an awesome doctor...I am an awesome shopper. Who should mom be more proud of now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to go to the Circus World Museum when we were little because it's close to where my grandparents lived. Good memories! Did you see the miniature circus!? So cute! Glad you made it there and made some new memories!

    ReplyDelete