Tuesday, August 2, 2011

WE ARE HAVING A BABY..............

It's a baby BOY!  It's a BOY!  It's a BOY!  It's a BOY!  It's a BOY!  It's a BOY!  It's a BOY!

Did I mention that IT'S A BOY!?  Oh my goodness....we had quite the LONG day yesterday!  It was filled with waiting, yelling, crying, pooping, laughing, frustration, pure joy, crabbing, giggling, and more laughing.  I will start with how the day started off.

I couldn't sleep.  What Mom can sleep knowing that she is going in for her ultrasound in a few hours?  On Sunday we spent the day moving Lanie into Abbie and Kenadie's room.  Sunday was a very long day.  After giving Abbie and Kenadie the rules on what to do and what not to do with Lanie...they didn't really listen.  Abbie got up to go to the bathroom at 5 a.m. yesterday which then in turn woke up Lanie.  Dan got up to give Lanie a bottle and I couldn't go back asleep then.  Dan crawled back in bed and I headed downstairs.  I was sitting on the couch googling things on my lap top when I noticed our white kitty picking at our carpeting.  I yelled at it and told it to stop.  It listened.  Then I went back to look down at my computer and looked back up to only find the dumb white cat pooping right in the middle of the living room floor.  What the heck.  I tossed my computer aside, yelled again, and then I might have even nudged...ok...maybe kicked the cat a little bit.  COME ON....IT WAS POOPING ON MY CARPET....and the cat litter is not even 15 feet away.  I ran upstairs and yelled at/to Dan that the cat pooped on the floor.  He came down and cleaned it up and then we were all awake!  That is how our day got started!

We got to the doctor in Madison and we were all so excited.  The tech took us back into the room where she was going to do the ultrasound.  Now the whole reason we had to go to Madison was because I needed to see a specific doctor who would preform the ultrasound.  Umm I guess not.  The tech was very unfriendly and frankly seemed annoyed by us.  She squirted the gel on my stomach and got started.  Now for a mom with a little bit of anxiety I just wanted to see the heart beat.  So she started to do the scan and I finally had to ask if everything was ok.  She didn't really point out what she was looking at and we all just sat there.  Well, then the fun began.  Gavin was sitting on s stool that he was spinning on and he kept kicking the wall or something like that.  Dan doesn't handle Gavin the same way I do.  He tells him to stop and expects him to stop.  I have learned that with Gavin you kind of have to compromise and relate with him to get him to stop his behavior.  If you get mad at him it only makes things worse.  Well, Dan told Gavin to stop...he didn't....Dan pulled him off the stool...Gavin started to scream.....Dan ignored Gavin....which made things even more bad....then Dan put his hands on Gavin's mouth so he would stop screaming....then Gavin fell over on the floor and LOST it.  Full out screaming in the small room with the ultrasound tech not even flinching.  I asked Dan to take Gavin out.....it was really bad people.  Dan missed 3/4 of the ultrasound.  I was sad.  I asked the tech if she could tell what sex the baby was.  She lied to me and told me the doctor had to tell me and she didn't know.  She kept looking at the heart.  I finally asked her if there was something wrong with the heart.  Why was she looking at the heart so long?  She said it was fine.  Okay then.  Dan finally calmed Gavin down and came back in....the ultrasound was over then.   Finally, the doctor came in.  Not the doctor I was told I HAD to see there.  This guy was like Doogie Houser.  He had to be maybe 20.  Anyways...he glanced at all the pictures and then started to talk to me about preterm labor.  Blah blah blah.  We asked him to tell us the gender but we wanted to kids out of the room.  He didn't even know what the gender was.  He left the room and told to tech to tell us.  Hmmm...she told us that she didn't know and the doctor had to tell us.  Anyways,  she very calmly and without any excitement said.  " It's a boy."  I asked her if she was sure.  She told me she can't say she is 100% sure but saw the boy parts a couple of times.  She left the room, the kids ran back in and then they told me to pee in a cup and put me in a "consultation" room.  Dan walked out of the office with the kids and for the next hour I sat alone in the "consultation" room alone.  I was so happy and excited and all I wanted to do was tell the kids and be with Dan to be excited with.  He dealt with the kids, who were now on edge, while I sat in the room.  After an half hour of waiting, I went out to the nurses desk to see if they forgot about me.  My amazing ultrasound tech had put me in the room and told me she would tell the nurses I was ready to meet with the doctor.  I guess she never did.  A nurse Finally came in and took some info from me.  She told me the doctor would be right in.  He didn't come right in.  Another half hour later, he came in.  He asked what took me so long to come back to meet with him.  I had to inform him that I had been sitting in the room the whole time waiting for him.  No ONE KNEW I WAS IN THERE!  Meanwhile, Dan took the kids out to the van and gave them the lunch I had packed for us to eat together as a family.  I was finally able to leave and made my way out to the van.  Full of excitement to tell the kids that they were having a brother.  The mood was not a very good mood when I got to the van.  Dan was done.  Things were falling apart at work and he was trying to handle that, and feed the kids, and wonder where I was.  Then some crazy lady knocked on our window to ask us if we really had 6 kids.  Yes, the sticker family on the back of our van does in fact show we have six kids.  I hope she didn't hear Dan yelling at the kids while she was passing the van!  It was a very long morning to say the least!  Overall, we are so very happy.  So very excited.  So very nervous.  Can this world be big enough for another Gavin?  I am pretty sure one of him is enough!  We simply can't wait to see what this little guy looks like and what kind of joy and excitement that having 2 boys will bring to our lives!  Watch out world......Wilke boy #2 is on the way!  We then headed to Dells for the afternoon....I will post that later today!  I will just say that it ended with a kid falling in a pool fully dressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment