Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cereal Shopping and Pictures of New baby!


I will ONLY buy cereal if it is on sale.  Or I should say that I will ONLY buy the "good kind" of cereal when it is on sale.  Now, by no means am I an extreme couponer.  I don't have time to spend 50 hours a week shopping around for coupons.  It is just not worth it to me.  However, if I can get a good deal....I WILL take full advantage of it!  Just ask the Pick N' Save ladies!  So my neighbor reminded that Pick N' Save had it's "cereal" deal going on.  Buy 6 boxes of cereal, take $9 off AND get a coupon for a free gallon of milk and a free carton of eggs.  We go through 8-10 gallons of milk per week.  Milk is averaging $3.15 ish a gallon.  That is about $30 a week in just milk or $120 a month in milk.  Yikes!  (and we monitor how much the kids have too.....water is mostly the drink of choice here!)  Ok, so anyways, when Dan got home from work yesterday, we headed out.  Gavin is in LOVE with cereal.  He asks for it all day long.  Healthy cereal or unhealthy cereal.  He just LOVES it!  I told him yesterday morning that we were going to go cereal shopping and you would have thought the kid doesn't know the meaning of fun.  He couldn't wait to go.  He asked me constantly yesterday when it was time to go get the cereal.  I have been working the past few days so the kids have been stuck at home.  They were going stir crazy.  Funny how a night out to go cereal shopping is considered "fun" for them.  So, we got to Pick N' Save and headed straight to the cereal.  We filled 3 carts with 70 boxes of cereal.  That is all we got.  (oh, I lied...Dan got a candy bar!)  So we head to the check out...which by the way were very crowded.  The kicker is, we had to check out 6 boxes at a time.  Why you ask?  Well, when you buy 6 boxes you get a coupon for $2 off you next purchase of cereal.  Hey, that's an extra $2!  So 6 at a time we did.  That is until my Roundy's card wouldn't work anymore.  They put a limit on how many times you can use your card every day, and we exceeded it.  We had to get out of line and Dan had to go register for his own Roundy's card.  The lady at the register was very nice and patient with us.  Now, I can't say that about the man in line behind us.  He was more than a little irritated.  Hey, buddy, it's not my fault that Pick N' Save only has 3 registers open at peak time.  We finished checking out and headed home!  

 Since the kids are the ones that eat the cereal...they were in charge of bringing it in, taking it downstairs, and putting it ALL away.  They all worked together and got the job done....even Gavin.  No complaining.  They were just excited to have "good" cereal again!
 Here is the finished product.  I must say how proud I am that they got this done!  I wanted to go back and get more, but Dan said "no."  In the end I figured out that we spent about $1.36 per box.  I also now have 10 gallons of milk and 10 cartons of eggs coming to me!  Guess what the kids had for dinner last night?  CEREAL!



This has nothing to do with cereal now...  but I had an ultrasound done on Monday of #7!  My friend, Amy, is a very awesome ultrasound Tech and she was working with a student that wanted some more practice for a 20 week ultrasound.  Amy was so kind to think of me and ask me if I wanted to come in!  Of course I did!  I was even able to find 2 babysitters for that day (thanks Stephanie and Cassidy!)  It was so nice to be able to leave ALL the kids at home!  Too bad they don't live closer.....
 They got started right away on the ultrasound.  How can you not be amazed at the miracle of life?  We had a bit of a scare, though.  The baby wasn't showing his boy "parts" for a good few minutes.  Now, don't get me wrong, I would be happy either way, boy or girl.  I just kept thinking that I was going to have to call Dan and tell him that he would be a dad to 6 girls instead of 2 boys!  Finally, some boy parts were seen!  Whew!
 Above is a profile picture.  Amy asked if my kids had big heads?  Uh oh.....!  She also said I was measuring about 2 weeks ahead of my due date.  Yikes....!  We were able to see the baby "practice" breathing at one point which was  very relieving to see!
 He was sucking his thumb for a bit of the ultrasound too.  Above is a picture of him sucking his thumb.  I have never seen any of my kids suck their thumb before!
Now, if you know Gavin at all, I suggest you all brace yourselves for the next Wilke boy.  He spent most of the ultrasound with his feet over his head kicking his head or his face.  He didn't want to cooperate.  Hmmm sounds like another boy I know.  Amy was so kind and printed out a picture of the baby for each of the kids to have that said, " Hi big brother or Hi big sister."  Gavin carried his picture around for most of the day.  He even took the picture into the bathroom with him.  I asked him why, and he told me that he was showing his baby brother how to use the bathroom.  I took the picture out of the bathroom right away.  Please baby boy, erase anything he has taught you from your tiny head!  Please actually try and go to the bathroom in the toilet and not on the floor or in the garbage can.  I am also hoping that baby boy can't hear his brother yelling at his mommy all the time either when something bad happens.  Yesterday when we got home from cereal shopping, Gavin had fallen asleep.  I went to take him out of his car seat and he says to me, " It's all your fault, Mommy, you should have had me nap today...now I am tired....it's all your fault."  (Ummm I tried to get him to lay down and he said he didn't want to... but once again, I am at fault!)

I am just so thankful for a healthy baby.  Even though this baby was in God's plan for us and not in our plan....I have fallen in love!  Any worries or fears on what we are going to do have left my head.  God will provide and take care of us.  He obviously thought we could handle more than what we thought we could. I simply can't wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his fat chubby hands!

Don't forget to email me or leave a comment on here or Facebook if you want to be entered in my free giveaway!

The Wilke's are heading to Chicago this weekend!  I am sure there will lots of pictures and stories to come from our 2 day trip.  We are staying at a hotel with a free-hot-made-to-order breakfast....I hope they are ready for us!

3 comments:

  1. I am more than impressed by your cereal mountain! The image of your store trip makes me smile. And yay for pictures of baby #7!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I didn't win anything?
    Is the baby wearing the same outfit as Gavin right now?

    ReplyDelete