Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The 1st Day of School Has Come! It's about time.....!



I won't deny it....I was counting down the days.  Don't judge me.  Until you come live a summer in my shoes, you won't know what it is like!  I love each and every one of my kids beyond words.  I want what is best for them.  I want them to be safe.  I want them to be happy.  I want them to be challenged.  I think sending them to school does that for them. We have talked about homeschooling before....it just isn't for us.  

So off they go!  I will admit, this morning didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked.  Gavin had a HUGE breakdown this morning.  Ready for this....his legs were too tired to walk down the stairs and get his clothes on.  His poor legs...that he just rested for the past 10-11 hours.  Yup, I guess getting out of his bed and walking 10 feet to the stair really wore those legs out!  So, he screamed for a good 20 minutes.  Then Lanie knew something was up.  She knew her world was going to change today.  She wasn't happy. Her Molly, Sadie, and Abbie were leaving her.  She spent most of the morning crying as well.  Then Kenadie lost it.  Her socks didn't feel "right" in her shoes.  <insert freak out here>

 Sadie got up and did her thing.  She did her chores and was ready to go.  No freak out from Sads!
 Abbie was all set to go too!  We could tell she was a bit nervous for 1st grade....but she was excited too!
 Molly was up and ready early!  She was happy to go back to school and be a big 3rd grader now.  Oh my, where did the last 9 years go?  I can't still remember so clearly her 1st day of Pre-K 3.
 Here is Kenadie, sucking it up, for a school picture.  Can you tell how uncomfortable she is?  She did manage to pull it together after we got in the van!
 The four girls ready for school.  Kenadie is still crying and Gavin is running around angry because his school doesn't start until tomorrow!
 We were right on time.  Not the 15 minutes early I wanted to be....but we weren't late....we were there at the last second possible!
I told you Kenadie pulled it together.  She went right into playing and was so excited.  When I picked her up, she told me that school was actually a lot of fun.  When I asked her why...she said, "Because Gavin wasn't there....it was actually more fun without him."  Oh my....

I should have left 5 minutes ago to go pick them up ....I better get going.  Gavin, Lanie, and Kenadie are all napping and I have to go wake them up.  Oh how I have missed the 1:00 nap time at our house!  I have actually been able to work in quiet for the past hour!  Ok...really I better go......

1 comment:

  1. 1. Kind of disappointed that all your kids did not match. I don't think I can sleep tonight.
    2. I don't know how much I can reiterate that you are just like your mother.
    3. Make sure you let Dan play video games all he wants. It is so hard for him to ice skate and play with the kids while you sit on the side and take pictures.

    ReplyDelete