Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bath Time and Hair Cuts!

So I must confess.  Griffin turned two weeks old on Tuesday and we still hadn't given him a bath.  Almost every night I would say, "we really need to give him a bath."  and Dan would say, "he's a baby...he isn't dirty."  Really all he did for the past 2 weeks was eat, sleep, and poop.  I took matters into my own hands and decided it was time.  I knew his skin would start to peel and crack after his first bath so I was putting it off as long as I could.  (I did wash his face and neck everyday with a wash cloth by the way!)

He didn't seem to mind the bath at all.  No crying, just enjoying the warm water!  


 After bath time, we all headed over to Domani Salon to get the four oldest girls hair cut.  Abbie's hair was getting long, too long.  She had been wanting to get it cut for a while.  Her hair was long enough to donate and she was so excited.  She couldn't stop giggling!
 2 ponytails and  a few snips later...Abbie lost about 8-9 inches!
 Of course we had to keep the hair in a bag so she could take it to school the next day.  She was just so happy!
 Here she is with her new shoulder length hair cut!  She looks just like Kenadie from the back now.  It looks so nice and so healthy now!  I am glad she wanted to do this.  The Rapunzel hair stage was getting a little too long for my liking!



And then there is Chubs.  She was all over the place at the salon.  Walking around waving to all the stylist, taking bottle off the shelves, just being crazy!  Notice the "boo boo" on her nose?  She fell down on the driveway the other morning while I was getting Griffin out of the Party bus.  Seriously I was in the van for not even 15 seconds and she had managed to walk around the entire bus and fall flat on her face.  She is fast!  




 I wanted to get pictures of the kids in their Christmas Pj's so I had them wear them to Domani.  Dan thought I was nuts.  They ladies all know us there and were so happy to see all the kids.  Here is Lanie with her finger in her mouth...those darn teeth are STILL bothering her.  If her fingers aren't jammed into the back of her mouth, her nuk is.  I really hope her molars come in soon!

 Gavin started out happy to have his picture taken....
 Then Dan told him he needed to take a couple more and he wasn't too happy about it.  I believe we captured the typical " Gavin Look!'
 Molly got a much needed hair cut too.  Her hair was out of control!  Way too long in the front and just funky looking all around.  It looks so much better now!
 Kens got a very little trim.  She really didn't want her hair cut, but I made her.  She was so happy when the stylist put 2 braids in her hair and gave her a sucker!
 Sadie didn't want her hair cut either.  She donated a good 10 inches back in May and her hair is finally starting to get a bit longer.  I just had the lady try and even it out a bit more since she had a bob cut and it was all uneven now.  She wants her hair to be long now...so we will grow it out!
 And my attempt at a picture of all of them.  If you click on the picture it will come up bigger.  I think Dan took over 50 pictures of them trying to get one good shot.  This was the best.  Notice Gavin and Lanie?  TROUBLE if I do say so!  I really wanted a picture in front of the tree with there pj's on.  A certain someone who I will not name...and is not one of my kids....gave me a really hard time and so we didn't get one :(

I cannot wait until next week!  Our photographer is going to be in town and hopefully he will be able to capture some candid and not so "posed"  shots of the kids.  We are kind of a walking hot mess sometimes!  I cannot wait to get the kids all in the Christmas outfits and try some more pictures....I know Dan can't wait either :)  Right, Dan?

If I don't post before Christmas...Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!  We always start our Christmas morning by reading a book about the birth of Christ.  Before the presents, before the craziness....focus on what Christmas is really about and what it really means!

No comments:

Post a Comment