Monday, December 19, 2011

Twas the Weekend before Christmas at the Wilke house!


First of all, let me say "thank you!"  If any of you have offered up a prayer for our family or for me or for Griffin or for Lanie in the past week.....Prayers have been answered!  Lanie has slept through the night 2 nights in a row (with the help of our friends Tylenol and Ibuprofen) and Griffin only got up 1 time last night to eat!  Now, I am sure tonight will be a different story....but I got 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night! Can I get a Whoop Whoop?  


On to other news....

It snowed here on Saturday morning.  The kids were so excited!  They couldn't wait to get outside and shovel and play!  Yes, seriously, they all wanted to shovel.  So much so that we had to go to Walmart and buy 2 more shovels before we could let them go out!  

They all actually did an awesome job.  They even shoveled the next door driveway and side walk too!  
 Dan and I stayed inside while they all shoveled outside.  It's the truth....and we didn't even feel bad about it!  They all worked so well together to get the job done and they were having a blast!
 Molly built a snowman with some of the shoveled snow.  I asked Dan to take a picture of it.   Sorry....I have no picture for you of the snowman :)  Next time I will do it!  It was just a tiny little guy maybe only 1 1/2 feet tall....but she was so proud.  She completed it with a baby carrot nose and a pack of raisins as the mouth and buttons!  (Man, I wish I had a picture to show you!)
 Then we headed inside for craft time!  The kids made ornaments using Styrofoam balls, flowers, and push pins.  I must say, they turned out very cute!  I only had to run to Walmart 3 times to get more pins.  So, if you want to make theses....the Walmart in Watertown is out of pins!
 Chubs was in an unusually good mood in the afternoon.  I cannot tell you enough how much she LOVES her sisters.  (except when they get too rough and make her fall!)  Sadie was reading books to Chubs and she was loving every minute of it!
 It isn't the best shot...or the greatest picture...or the best lighting....but here they all are!  Don't you just LOVE their shirts!  I made them!  So easy...well kinda...and I used my cricut to cut out the stockings.  It took me an afternoon one day and I couldn't wait for Griffin to come so they could all wear them!  I wanted to put their names on the stockings...but I ran out of time and energy!
 Lanie loves to "honk" noses.  She isn't very gentle when she does it and sometimes it down right hurts.  Well, during one of her Griffin holding sessions she was in the "honking" mood.  One honk for Lanie....
 And one honk for Griffin.  He didn't seem to mind all that much.  (Don't worry....they are both under careful watch...Dan is taking the pictures and I am right next to the couch at an arms length away!)
 Here Chubs is being "gentle" with Griffin.  He was now done....he can only handle so much Chubs time and then he needs his mommy back!
 Saturday night, Dan's sister Lisa and her boyfriend came over to meet Griffin.  Little did they know that it was craft time again.  The kids wanted to do these foam houses so we thought "hey what a better time?"  Yeah, I am not sure Matt and Lisa will be coming over any time soon again!  The houses were a lot of work and they left without even finishing them!  That's okay though....we finished them on Sunday and now we have some great gifts to give :)
 Here is a picture of the flower ornaments from earlier in the day.  After my 3rd trip to Walmart, they were actually able to complete them!
 Molly and her friend worked on this house together.  Molly is very crafty and she didn't need any help at all!  Hmmm...I wonder where she gets that from!?
 Sunday morning came all too quick.  The kids had their Christmas program at our church.  It was on Celebrating Christmas all around the world.  Molly, Sadie, and Abbie sang a Chinese song about Christmas.

 Kenadie and Gavin did great as well!  I was so proud of Gavin...he stood up there the whole time and was so well behaved!  He knew all the words and sang nice and loud! ( okay so I am proud of all of the kids...but you just never know with Gavin!)

We also finished all our shopping and wrapping this weekend.  The kids exchange names together so they are all very excited about that.  We made some Christmas cookies as well to give to the teachers at their school.  One thing Dan and I are trying to focus on with the kids is the importance of giving.  We made treat bags for each kid in their classes as well.  We may not be giving the best treat bags or the biggest treat bags, but we do want to kids to know that Christmas isn't about getting in our house...it is about giving.  We may not want to fill 26 treat bags or make 200 dipped oreo cookies...but taking the time to make something for someone else and being able to give it to them is a great feeling!


I am not sure where the day went today?  Perhaps sitting and holding G-Dog Jr. (aka Griffin) for 2 hours wasn't as productive as I could have been....but I did it and didn't feel a single bit bad about doing it!  It is just so hard to put him down and not cuddle with him.  Am I spoiling him?  Yup....and loving every minute of it!  I did manage to do some online shopping and I also made Thank you cards on the Cricut today as well.  See?  I haven't been all that unproductive!

1 comment:

  1. The cookies were delicious! Thanks for being such a great example for your kids and of us staff and students at our school!

    ReplyDelete