Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to you....I am the CEO of Hanna Andersson."



So, on a whim, we decided to drive to Illinois to visit Dan who was doing a training by O'Hare airport.  After he finished his meetings, we met him at his hotel.  He wanted to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner.  Me, being the savvy one, said it would be too expensive.  Well, he won.  We drove to Woodfield Mall and ate there.  The kids were on edge and they each drank 4 glasses of chocolate milk.  (Hey when they can have unlimited chocolate milk for free....they drink it like water!)  So, since we happen to be at the mall, where there happened to be a Hanna store.....we just HAD to go, right?  Dan tried to wiggle his way out of it, but I won that battle.  Before we left to drive down to Illinois, I made each of the kids change into a set of their matching Hanna outfits.  If you know me, you know I like to dress the kids the same.  I DON'T do it for attention as many people suspect, instead I do it for ease of finding them all!  When they are all dressed the same, I can spot them all easier and keep track of them all easier!  Ok, so back to my story.  We walked down to the Hanna store and the kids were all over the place like wild kids.  (The chocolate milk was starting to kick in!)  They ran to the back of the store by the play table and I hung out in the front of the store to check out the "new" fall items!  Within a minute of getting in the store the kids ALL had to go to the bathroom...except Lanie! The Hanna employees let Dan take the kids into the back of the store to use their bathroom.  I made my way to the back of the store and standing at the register was a man and woman, who to me looked like they were checking out at the register.  The man was very nicely dressed and made a comment to me somewhere along the lines of , "oh, you must really love Hanna!"  I, being the slick one that I am, said, " we sure do....who wants to pay for our bill today....oh you, sir, look like you want to."  (Insert foot in mouth now!)  A laugh or two was given and he said, "sure, whatever you want, it's one me!"  Ha Ha Ha!  I went on to look at the clearance rack and a few minutes later the nicely dressed, handsome man walked up to me.  He said, "Hi, I would like to introduce myself to you, I am the CEO of Hanna Andersson."  So, as I picked my mouth up off of the floor, I said, "shut up...seriously."  (Insert foot again here! Who says "shut up" to the CEO of their favorite kid's clothing store?  Ummm me!)  Anyways, he was very kind and talked to me for 15 minutes or so on why I love Hanna.  Dan, of course, was on his 20th trip to the bathroom....no seriously, the kids kept having to go...the chocolate milk was running through them!)  The CEO (aka Adam Stone) happened to be in town that day and was giving a talk the next day to some Hanna people.  He hadn't been to that store in 2-3 years.  What are the odds that I am there, with my 6 kids, all dressed in Hanna clothes and the CEO happens to be there?  No, we didn't get anything for free, but he did give me an extra discount.  I was able to get swimsuits for $8.00!  I am not a spokesperson for Hanna, but I think I should be.  I love the quality of their clothes and I love that they have an awesome return policy!  You have to shop the sales because they are kinda pricey, but you pay for the quality.  Anyways, as we were checking out the mall security closed the mall due to bad weather.  The kids were freaked because we had to drive back to Dan's hotel in bad rain and winds.  The tornado sirens were going off and a bill board blew onto the freeway.  NEVER a dull day in the life of the Wilke's!  So our trip to the Rainforest Cafe ended in meeting the CEO of our favorite store.  What a truly awesome day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment