Monday, July 18, 2011

Harrington Beach Fun! (June 25th, 2011)

My nephew had his graduation party at Harrington Beach in Belgium.  Going to the beach was on our summer list so we were so glad to cross that off the list.  I love going to the beach as long as I don't have to touch the sand.  I am not a fan of the sand.  However, you can't really go to the beach without touching sand, so I had to suck it up!  I even helped dig some holes in the sand!  
 Kens loved being at the beach.  The water was freezing but the kids didn't seem to mind!  It didn't take them long to find something to do!
 Sadie and her cousin, Emily, started making a small pond to put the fish in that Molly and her twin cousins were catching.  They worked very hard and even made a little river that drained into the pond.
 Lanie even gave it a try.  She is more like her mommy and wasn't too sure of the sand.  She started to scream a second or two later!
 My nephew, Daniel, buried himself up to his knees and then found strange ways to bend.  Dan and Daniel found this quite amusing!

 I know Lanie isn't in this picture, but I still had to get one of them!  They are honestly pretty good troopers when I ask them to take a picture.  The quicker they cooperate, the quicker they can get back to playing, right?
 Gavin HAD to get buried as well!  He LOVED every minute of being at the beach.

 Here Gavin is in the pond Sadie made and holding wet sand.
 The kids worked with cousins to make lots of holes and rivers.
 Oh, Gavin figured out he could twist his body and toss the sand.  He spend a good half hour doing this. Probably not the best thing to do by throwing sand, but he was having fun!
 Kens was amazed that they could catch fish with their hands!  Except, they all died!
 There was a sand bar 50 feet out or so that everyone liked to play on.  1, 2, 3, JUMP!

 Dan and our nephew Daniel are two peas in a pod!  They were standing on the sand bar "playing!"  I said,  "hold hands and jump!"  So they did.....I got an awesome picture!  What a bunch of goofs!
 Yes, that is my husband doing a cartwheel on the sand bar.  He is a kid at heart still and he loves to do goofy stuff.  I love that he doesn't care what anyone thinks...he just does!




 TAH DAH!  I don't think he kept his legs straight, but not bad, right?
 Gavin had to get in on the fun on the sand bar.  No tricks from him yet, though!
 Honestly, this little guy just can't get any cuter.  Here is one of his "faces!"  He is just a joy! (most of the time!)
 Look at the pretty mermaids that washed up on shore to play with us!
Overall, fun was had by all at the beach.  The kids have all asked to go back...they have asked to go back A lot!  If it wasn't so far away we would go there a bunch.  Hopefully we can make it back there one more time this summer!  Yeah for sand and fun!

1 comment: