Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year Goals for the Wilke's!

We had a very uneventful New Year's Eve and day.  We stayed at home and did nothing....it was perfect!   At dinner, we spoke to the kids about how people make resolutions and work on changing things to make them better in the New Year.  We didn't want to make them do a resolution, so we talked about things they could work on to make them a better person.  They thought about what they wanted to work on for the New year and we wrote it down for them.  Here is what each of us wants to work on!  They each stood up and read aloud their goals for the New Year.  So proud of them!  






  (Lanie actually thought she could read hers...she tried so hard and Gavin helped her read too (funny as he can't read either!)





                                       Me....I was nursing...I didn't think you would all want to see that!


Dan.  (don't mind the "hot " wife comments.  I am not sure what wife he is talking about...maybe the fact that I am a hot mess!  )


                                                                     Griffin James


Okay, I will admit....Lanie and Griffin had some help from mommy!  I know it's only day 3 of the New Year, but so far so good.  I have seen all the kids looking at their "goals" (we put them on the pantry doors) and it has been nice to see them trying to do what they had set out to do.  I didn't want them to feel bad if they failed at one of their resolutions, so that is why we decided to just try working on being better!  Happy New Year!  I am hoping to get a new blog worked out....hopefully sooner than later....I am not liking the look of all the different sized pictures!  AHHHH!  For my type A personality, it is really bothering me!

The kids went to bed by 8:30.  Dan and I were going to watch a movie...it was lame and I lost interest after 5 minutes.  I don't know the name but it had Ann Hathaway in it and was set in London...maybe something like One Life or something....I don't know, but it was dumb and I wouldn't recommend it at all!  I made it up until 11:40.  So close but yet those 20 minutes of sleep were calling my name more than watching Dick Clark on the TV.  So I recorded it and went to bed.  Dan stayed up...all by himself....cause I am a bad wife.  I was up at 1:30 to feed Griffin so I watched the recorded special all by myself.  I know...so romantic!  The kids woke up bright and early and we let them turn cartoons on so we could "sleep in" a little bit.  Funny how cartoons can put our kids in a TV coma....no one talks, no one fights, no one asks for food.....too bad there are not more "appropriate" cartoons out there!  Okay, must go....Griffin is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment