Sunday, October 16, 2011

Yesterday was a good day....a much needed good day! Friends, husband, only 1 kid, and Hanna Andersson....what more can I ask for?

I won't lie.  I won't deny it.  If you know me....you know what a crazy life I have.  The last couple of weeks have been kind of rough.  My anxiety has kicked in to high gear.  If I could fast forward 8 weeks...I would in a heart beat.  All I want is to have my new baby boy in my arms...safe and sound.  I want to stop worrying if he is okay and when he will come.  I am a glass half empty kind of person.  I think I used to be a glass half full kind of girl, but I have had some things happen to me that make me tend to look more on the negative side than the positive side.  I don't like being this way....I don't want to be this way....I am working on it....but for right now....that's how I am.  So, anyways, I haven't had the best couple of weeks.  The reality of being a mom to 7 kids under 9 has kicked in.  How will I do it?  How will I manage a nursing, demanding, crying infant while still caring for the other 6 children?  I know it will be okay, I know we will all work together to make it work,  but the fear of the unknown is still scary.  I haven't been feeling very well the past couple of weeks.  I haven't been myself.  I had the doctor do some tests on me to see if my levels were all ok...and they are.  I think I have diagnosed myself....it's called "the state of being overwhelmed!"

Okay, I am going to end my pity party now.  So yesterday was a great day!  Dan and I were able to meet our dear friend, Julie, for lunch.  We haven't seen her in a long time and it was much over do.  We had some great conversation and it was so much fun to catch up.  Julie has promised that all of our kids can be in her wedding....now we just have to find her someone to marry!  Then, Dan and I were able to do some errand running.  Lots of in and out of the car.  Lanie was super duper crabby.  All of her top teeth have poked through now, but they are still bothering her.  My best friend is my husband and I love spending time with him.  I love that he wants to spend time with me.  We had a good day together getting Christmas gift ideas and just hanging out.  He was a trooper...he even went in to Joann's with me!  (a man's nightmare for sure!)

We picked the kids up from Dan's parents house and we headed home.  I had forgotten to get the mail yesterday so I grabbed that before we headed in.  I focused on a cream colored envelope with my name on it.  I don't get mail.  Well, I don't ever get any good mail I should say.  (except when I got a letter from Adam Stone...the CEO of Hanna Andersson).  So, I came inside and quickly opened the letter.  Okay are you ready for this now?  I received another hand written letter from the Marketing manager of Hanna Andersson.  Just thanking me for loving Hanna and sharing our family with them.  Now, I know what you are all thinking.  Hanna Andersson?  What? Really?  Why?  I can't explain it.  My very first blog on this site was about meeting the CEO of Hanna Andersson.  To me....it was like meeting a celebrity.  I could care less if Brad Pitt or Julia Roberts ran in to us at the mall.....but when we got to meet the CEO of Hanna Andersson, that was one of the best moments ever!  So, to receive a letter in the mail from him a few weeks ago and another yesterday from someone else was just unthinkable to me.  I am a nobody.  We are not anybody special.  We are just a big family, with lots of love, that loves Hanna clothes!  Good things don't happen to me.....but I must say I might be changing my out look.  Who knew one small card from someone could give me a boost that I needed?  I know I am carrying on here....and I know this may be so childish to many....but I am just beaming!

Adam Stone, the CEO, sent me a gift card to Hanna Andersson with his letter to me.  He had hoped we would use it to help towards the kids Christmas dresses.  When we were in Illinois a few weeks ago looking at a new van for our expanding family, we made a special trip to the Hanna store to pick out their dresses.  We were able to find matching dresses, a vest, and a one piece for all the kids!  Here is the best picture we could get so far!  The new baby boy has a matching romper to wear....so we won't be getting a Christmas card picture out until he arrives.  Can  you tell I am such a proud Mom?  I know Lanie isn't looking, but I think it gives a real picture of our life!  Actually, Lanie wasn't too sure about the boots I made her wear!

Okay I give up....I have tried to publish this blog 4 times now....each time it keeps deleting the rest of what I type.  (and it was some really deep good stuff too!)  Anyways, I will try to continue it on another post.  But for now I will just end it with the fact that this picture was an awesome reminder today of what an amazing life I have!  I couldn't ask for anything more......not a thing!

( I know the picture of the kids is kinda small...you can click on it to make it bigger if you would like!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the dresses...am I eligble for the drawing? I hope it was a cool day when you took this picture...

    ReplyDelete